[darcs-users] cvs/darcs syncing

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Mon Mar 29 13:07:50 UTC 2004

I've been messing around with the CVS -> darcs conversion script
originally from David that someone on the list passed me a few months ago.
[David: I'm assuming you're happy with it being distributed etc?]

My eventual goal is to have full two-way CVS/darcs syncing, but I'm
working towards that fairly slowly. For now, I've updated it in the
following ways:

(1) It supports CVS repositories with branches, and can be used to make a
darcs repository from any branch, not just HEAD.

(2) It handles binary files. This required a significant change, since
generating diffs is no longer sufficient; as a result, it now makes a
darcs repository that is simultaneously a CVS checkout.

It's all still very much a work in progress; there are several known flaws
that are documented in README and it's not as automatic as it could be.
But opening up half-finished stuff to others seems like a good thing, so
here it is.

Browsable at http://urchin.earth.li/darcs?cvs2darcs*
Gettable at http://urchin.earth.li/darcs/cvs2darcs/

Cheers,