[darcs-users] a small suggestion

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat May 1 10:40:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 05:21:24PM -0400, zooko at zooko.com wrote:

> I've started using DARCS on Mnet [1], experimentally.  It's working well!
> See the Mnet chump e.g. [2] for details.  One little user interface
> "gotcha" that has bitten me a few times is that I try to do "darcs pull"
> in an empty directory in order to init a new repository.  When it doesn't
> work then I scratch my head and stare at the man page for a few minutes
> until the light dawns.  I guess I'm a slow learner.  In the interests of
> other slow learners, maybe darcs could print out a warning about this
> mistake in this case.

Thanks for the feedback! I've added a message explaining what went wrong
when you try to run a command that needs to be in a repo directory, but
aren't in one.  The catch is that since I still print the usage information
as well, perhaps the message will get lost in the noise? If you're using
the latest darcs, I'd appreciate feedback as to whether this is clear
enough.  It might be better to stop outputting the help text, so users
won't get distracted by it...
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org