[darcs-users] "darcs change <file>" fails on partial repositories

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat May 1 11:05:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 04:48:38PM -0400, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> because it calls filter_patches_by_names, which expects to find all the
> patches.  This change quiets the error by skipping the patches that
> can't be found.  It would really be better to print a warning about some
> patches being skipped.  Arguably, this patch is worse than the current
> code, because it doesn't tell you the output is partial.

I've gone with a modified version of this, which fails on --partial
repositories after printing all the patches it knows about with an error
message of:

Fail: Can't find changes prior to:
Sat Apr  3 06:59:19 EST 2004  droundy at abridgegame.org
  * fix potential problem when repo is a symlink.

Thanks for the report and patch (even though I went with another solution)!
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org