[darcs-users] darcs patch

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon May 3 10:36:21 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 04:40:51PM -0700, Adam Megacz wrote:

> andrew at pimlott.net writes:
> >   * give a diagnostic when skipping patches that can't be pulled
> >   because they are dependent on patches not being pulled
>
> This sounds really great.  In general I would find it really useful if
> I could make darcs tell me when it was skipping a patch (during any
> command) due to dependency issues.

Unfortunately, in the current framework it's a bit hard to tell why darcs
is skipping the patch.  Andrew's patch had the unfortunate side effect of
incorrectly informing you that changes are skipped due to dependency issues
when really they are skipped because you asked for just changes to certain
files (e.g. in whatnew or record).

But it is something I'll keep in mind for possible future implementation.
http://www.abridgegame.org