[darcs-users] win32 problem with nestedvm.ibex.org

Will will at glozer.net
Wed May 5 01:44:58 UTC 2004

Peter Strand <peter at zarquon.se> writes:

> Tupshin Harper wrote:
>
>> There appears to be a win32 specific problem that occurs when using
>> darcs to get http://nestedvm.ibex.org.
>> Using a 0.9.19 win32 build (I'm using the one from
>> http://glozer.net/darcs/)
>> darcs get http://nestedvm.ibex.org
>> Fail: ./doc/IVME.xls: removeFile: permission denied (Permission
>> denied)
>
> I can't reproduce that, but get the following error instead:
>
>  > Fail: nestedvm.ivme04.tex-0: renameFile: permission denied
>    (Permission denied)
>
> Which looks like a missing workaround for broken renameFile. ?
> (the configure test for that works for me)
>
> However, your repository works for me using a newly pulled and compiled
> darcs, so something might have changed recently, or perhaps there's
> just a change in timing that hides the bug.

I get the same removeFile error on ./doc/IVME.xls using the original
build mentioned above, and several builds from today with the latest
patches.  I tried combinations of pthreads/WIN32THREADS, with/without
curl linked in, etc and still can't get a working build... maybe there
is something wrong with my environment?  I'm using ghc 6.2.1, curl
7.11.1, and zlib 1.2.1.

> You can find my build here: http://zarquon.se/darcs/darcs-20040504.zip

Interestingly enough this build works fine for me, no errors.

Regards,
Will