[darcs-users] wishlist item

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Wed May 5 17:54:00 UTC 2004

> Something other than what  'darcs annotate -m patch' gives you?

Nope.  Exactly that!

If I may be allowed to change my wish, I wish that the name and/or docs had led
me to try "darcs annotate".  Based on the name, I assumed that it would do the
same thing as "cvs annotate".  I also viewed the results of "darcs help":

  annotate      Display useful information about the repository history.

which did nothing to dispel my misconception.

Thirdly, I asked on the #darcs irc channel on irc.freenode.net, and was told
that zless/zgrep in _darcs/patches was the way to go.  This demonstrates that
I'm not the only darcs user who was confused about this.

Regards,

Zooko