[darcs-users] another confusion re: command names

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Thu May 6 15:24:39 UTC 2004

I'm sure David is grateful that I'm so dense, because this will help him find
parts of the user experience which are troublesome to dense people before he
releases 1.0 and comes into contact with a great many more dense people.

Today's confusion was that it took several hours and much discussion before
I finally got it through my head that "unpull" could be the command to remove a
patch from my local repo.  Since in my mind "pull" means "fetch patches from
other repo and apply them to local repo", I couldn't believe that "unpull"
didn't somehow involve exchanging information from some other repo.

By the way, I had previously been doing "unpull" by "unrecord; revert".

Regards,

Zooko