[darcs-users] Request: porting patches advice (can I get rid of/ignore dependencies?)

Jonathan Wright Jonathan.Wright at orionhealth.com
Fri May 7 04:36:51 UTC 2004

Hi Kevin,

At one stage I tried something akin to what you list below. At your uncertain step (number 5), after you choose not to accept the initial patch it refuses to go on and implies that you wasted its time. :)

Do you have any ideas as to how to make it ignore that patch?

My naïve guess is that the later patches depend on the initial one. Since I choose not to use the initial patch, it refuses to pull any patches that depend on it. Which means it refuses to pull any other patches.

Could I manually edit the IDs of the initial patches? So I could trick darcs into thinking the 1.0 (old) and 1.1 (new) VSS branches are the same patch.

Thanks,
Jonathan.