[darcs-users] another confusion re: command names

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat May 8 15:37:38 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 03:17:34PM +0300, Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
> While on the subject on documentation, is this table accurate and, if so, do
> you think something along these lines would help reduce the confusion if it
> were added to the manual?

Yes, something like this would be nice to have.  I'm not sure where to put
it... probably somewhere in an overview or introduction section.  Perhaps
even at the beginning of the commands reference chapter.

Patches to add such a table to the documentation would be welcome.
Otherwise, I'll get around to adding it myself eventually...

> (fixed-width font recommended)
>
> 			affects
>      		repo	wdir
> pull		yes		yes
> apply		yes		yes[0]
> rollback	yes		no
> unrecord	yes		no
> unpull	yes		yes
> revert	no		yes
> unrevert	no		yes
>
> [0] unless --no-resolve-conflicts is given

All correct except for the "[0] unless".  --no-resolve-conflicts causes
darcs to not try to resolve any conflicts in the working directory, but the
working directory is still modified.  Fortunately, this actually simplifies
the table.

Also, may want to add in

record	yes		no
push[1]	yes		yes
send[2]	no		no

[1] affects the remote repository
[2] unless apply is automatically called by receiver of the patch, in which
    case see apply
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/