[darcs-users] can't unpull after a conflict

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun May 9 10:39:00 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 08:35:14AM -0400, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> The suggestion about the conflict format reminded me of an annoyance.
> If you do a pull that has conflicts and decide that you don't want to
> deal with the merge right now, you can't just unpull because the pull
> conflict changes files which then conflict with the unpull ("Couldn't
> undo patch in working dir.").  You have to selectively revert the
> conflict hunks first, which can be a pain.  For the same reason, if the
> owner of the repository you pulled from does the merges, you can't just
> pull again to get his resolutions.

This is definitely a problem, but not an easy one to fix, so I hope to
address it after darcs 1.0 is released.  The first thing I want to look at
after 1.0 is the issue of merges and merge conflicts, and one of the
features I want to add is keeping track of what conflict resolutions exist
in the working directory.  There is also a problem in that if you pull
several patches in sequence after a conflict, you get conflicts with the
conflict resolution, which leads to messed up resolutions.
http://www.abridgegame.org