[darcs-users] add source to "v v v v" and "^ ^ ^ ^"

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun May 9 10:42:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 07:58:27AM -0400, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 11:01:50PM -0700, Adam Megacz wrote:
> > I can never remember if the top one or the bottom one is my local
> > changes or the stuff I just pulled....  would it be possible to add a
> > "local version" and "pulled patch" annotation to the conflict markers?

This would be nice, but due to how the conflict resolutions are currently
generated, it would be hard to implement.  So it's a post-darcs-1.0
problem.

> While you're at it, what bugs me most is that the original version is
> missing.  In a pinch, I can get it with darcs whatsnew, but it would be
> nice if it were in the file.  It could be a new option, but I honestly
> can't see why anyone would prefer seeing just two versions rather than
> all three.  So maybe you could just change it for everyone.

Hmmmm.  This would definitely be practical to implement, but I'm afraid it
might be even harder to read, if the conflict region is large (i.e. half a
screen or more)...
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org