[darcs-users] "removeFile" bug on w32

Will will at glozer.net
Sun May 9 18:18:53 UTC 2004

Hi Zooko,

zooko at zooko.com writes:

> I get the "removeFile: permission denied (Permission denied)" with
> the binaries pointed to by:
>
> http://www.abridgegame.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2004-March/001391.html
>
> as well as with the binaries pointed to by:
>
> http://www.abridgegame.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2004-April/001560.html

Sorry about that, for some reason the builds I've been making are
plagued by this, and no amount of tweaking seems to help.  See

http://www.abridgegame.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2004-May/001708.html

Peter Strand's build at http://zarquon.se/darcs/darcs-20040504.zip didn't
exhibit the removeFile problem on the repository tested in the above
thread, could you try it with yours?

> Also two other Mnet Hackers have the same problem.  I tried it both
> executing from the cygwin bash shell and from the Windows XP
> "cmd.exe" shell.  I'm using WGET 1.5.3.1 compiled for w32 from:
>
> http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/wgetwin.html
>
> This is a critical bug for us as it prevents us from using darcs at
> all on w32.

My suspicion is that this is a conflict with either a version of GHC or the
various support libraries.  Peter, could you give us the details of your
build environment?

Thanks,
Will