[darcs-users] "removeFile" bug on w32

Peter Strand peter at zarquon.se
Sun May 9 21:06:40 UTC 2004

Will wrote:
> zooko at zooko.com writes:
>>I get the "removeFile: permission denied (Permission denied)" with
>>the binaries pointed to by:
>>http://www.abridgegame.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2004-March/001391.html
> My suspicion is that this is a conflict with either a version of GHC or the
> various support libraries.  Peter, could you give us the details of your
> build environment?

Sure, but I don't have the details handy until tomorrow. But basically
it's just ghc 6.0.1, pthreads and libcurl.

Are you using ghc-6.2.1? Different behaviour between ghc versions (or in
darcs' workarounds for them) is what I'm suspecting at the moment.

I'll see if I can reproduce the bug myself, and then poke around a bit.

/Peter