[darcs-users] apply darcs patch format?

Adam Megacz adam at megacz.com
Sun May 9 21:59:09 UTC 2004

David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:
>> If I have a patch in darcs' patchfile format (not a bundle, just a
>> hunk), how do I apply it to 'current' (ie not alter anything in
>> _darcs/ -- just modify the checked-out copy).

> Read it and modify the file by hand?

What do you mean by "by hand"?  I just want the equivalent of
"patch -p0 < patchfile".  No revision control; just patch application.

> Hmmm.  I am not sure what sort of bug this would help work around...

Darcs refusing to pull patches (or taking forever to figure out how
they commute), which seems to happen to me a lot.  The functionality
I'm looking for is so simple that it should never fail and should
never take very long to run.  It doesn't require any
patch-commutability-checking.  Of course, in using this, I personally
take on the responsibility for doing merges, but I only need this when
darcs can't do that itself.

  - a