[darcs-users] another confusion re: command names

David Brown darcs at davidb.org
Tue May 11 06:20:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 10:48:34PM -0700, Kenneth Knowles wrote:

> I'm really quite satisfied with "darcs unrecord && darcs revert" if
> that is equivalent to a --and-revert option.  The "shortcut" of unpull
> seems out of step with darcs' simplicity.

Another idiom I've found quite useful.  Before trying to do unpull or
any such thing that would get very confused with local changes:

  darcs record -a -m TMP

and possibly even --look-for-adds.

Then after I do the unpull or whatever, (conflicts will have to be dealt
with).

  darcs unrecord -m TMP

and now my repository is back like it was.

Dave