[darcs-users] Command renamings and hide/show

Kevin Smith yarcs at qualitycode.com
Fri May 14 06:25:42 UTC 2004

Kevin Smith wrote:
> I can't think of other cases where I crave more output (except for
> defaulting to --look-for-adds :-P ), so perhaps the OP could mention a
> few examples of where more output would be helpful.

Oh, I forgot to mention one opposite case, where I want *less* output: I
feel (strongly) that the default of whatsnew should be --summary. I
rarely want to see all the gory details, and usually they spill way off
the screen anyway. Is it just me?

Yes, I know there is now an option to set defaults. Last time I tried to
do that, I couldn't get it to work, but that may have just been standard
Debian/Sarge lag. I haven't tried within the last few weeks. Still, new
users will likely expect summary output, like they get with CVS.

Kevin