[darcs-users] Command renamings and hide/show

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Fri May 14 10:44:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 07:08:45AM -0700, Kevin Smith wrote:
> Marnix Klooster wrote:
> >  inittree      "branch --root" or "branch --trunk" or just "trunk" or
> >                something like that.  I mean, as far as I can see this
> >                is the only place where 'tree' is used, but this is
> >                not in any way related to the way 'branch' is used.
>
> initrepo or just init or initialize might be better.

I'm going with initialize.  I almost went with init, but decided that since
init will be accepted if I choose initialize, I may as well go with the
complete word.

One probably under-appreciated feature of darcs is that it will accept any
unambiguous beginning of a command name.  So you can use "darcs wh" for
whatsnew and darcs init for either inittree or initialize.  If you give an
ambiguous name, darcs will complain and list the commands that have that
beginning.
http://www.abridgegame.org