[darcs-users] Command renamings and hide/show

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Fri May 14 11:17:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 02:02:38PM +0200, Marnix Klooster wrote:
> * It should be easy to temporarily get a patch out of the way,
>   without needing to create a new working directory.  So it should
>   be possible to 'hide' and 'show' patches, modifying the working
>   directory, but without really modifying the repository.  See
>   below.

This would be awkward to implement, and I'm not sure it would be a good
idea.  This would mean that you can have a conflict within a single
repository that needs to be resolved (when you try to record a patch that
conflicts with a hidden patch), which adds all sorts of complexity for very
dubious gains.  With certain work patterns it would be nice, but in others
it would lead to very confusing behavior.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org