[darcs-users] Other Haskell implementations?

Samuel A. Falvo II sam.falvo at falvotech.com
Fri May 14 22:55:55 UTC 2004

On Friday 14 May 2004 11:43 am, David Brown wrote:
> What system are you running?  GHC takes a while to build, but then
> again, so does GCC.

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I run an Athlon 800MHz
box, and ghc compiled darcs at a rate of 1 source file every 45 to 60
seconds.  That's a rediculous amount of time to spend on a single source
file, considering how small most of them are.  The executable created by
ghc isn't exactly fast either.

If I were to spend the time to learn a functional programming language,
ocaml would be my choice.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II