[darcs-users] another instance of the "won't revert" bug

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat May 15 12:30:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 04:51:20PM -0400, zooko at zooko.com wrote:

> Here's a transcript of me experiencing the "silently fails to revert"
> bug.

Thanks! I believe I've fixed this bug, but I never did have the patience to
reproduce it properly, so if you could check that it's fixed by the "allow
revert even if it isn't unrevertable." patch, that would be great.

The problem was that for some reason when I added unrevert support, I left
it to silently exit when it wasn't possible to create unrevert information
because the changes you reverted wouldn't commute with those you didn't
revert.  This was stupid (obviously), but it's only in complicated
situations like yours (with lots of changes, only some of which you want to
revert) that it comes up.  Fortunately, the fact that it exited
*completely* silently (i.e. no "Finished reverting") pretty much pinned
down where the problem was.
http://www.abridgegame.org