[darcs-users] bug (or confused user) report: how do I get rid of a patch?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat May 15 13:48:55 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 08:39:49AM -0400, zooko at zooko.com wrote:

> I want to reverse a certain patch.  I don't understand what DARCS is
> telling me when it tries and fails.  Transcript follows.  Thanks!
> --Zooko
>
> HACK pion:~/playground/mn/opt-fec-merge$ darcs unrecord -m'extirpate libz*'
>
> Skipping dependent patch:
> Sun May  9 15:58:39 EDT 2004  ash at ash.de
>   * extirpate libz*
> Cancelling unrecord since no patch was selected.

This means that there is a patch which your recorded since "extirpate"
which depends on the "extirpate" patch.  If there aren't many patches, you
may be able to figure out which is the guilty party, in which case you
could unrecord first the dependent patch, then unrecord "extirpate", and
then record again the dependent patch (which I assume you want).
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org