[darcs-users] HTTP redirect, SSH push minor problems.

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at modeemi.cs.tut.fi
Sat May 15 16:07:21 UTC 2004

I discovered the following problem experimenting with a possible
scripts repository for Ion: 'darcs get' does not seem to follow HTTP
redirects. I prefer giving out my redirected (and shorter) iki.fi email
and web addresses that should be permanent instead of whatever the real
address at the time happens to be, but darcs does not follow the http
redirection.

I was also surprised to see that 'darcs push' over ssh seems to require
darcs also at the other end. Well, I can always revert to ssh+rsync,
though it would've been nice to just use darcs to sync the publicly
accessible copy of the repository.

--
Tuomo