[darcs-users] Yet another feature request

Samuel A. Falvo II sam.falvo at falvotech.com
Sun May 16 04:13:46 UTC 2004

One of the features that I absolutely adore from arch is "arch make-log."
Now, I'm not necessarily asking for a new "make-log" sub-command --
typing in `vim foo.log' is plenty sufficient for my needs.

But, what I would like is the ability to import with a long log message
via a command line option.  For example:

$ darcs record --all --look-for-adds --long-log foo.log --auto-clean-log

where:
  --long-log FFF   specifies the long log file FFF to use for the long
log contents.

  --auto-clean-log   automatically removes FFF if (1) --long-log is
specified, and (2) the record operation was successful.

Thanks.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II