[darcs-users] Darcs 0.9.20 and Windows

Esa Ilari Vuokko ei at vuokko.info
Sun May 16 12:03:12 UTC 2004

Hi!

(First, sorry about a bug I introduced to 0.9.20 making the repo
version practically unusable.)

I have created an installer for Darcs, it has a fix making it
usable (to me) in Windows.  It contains statically linked
libcurl.

http://vuokko.info/ei/darcs-win32/darcs-0.9.20-fixed.exe

There's also zipped version (which contains also my notes how
to build darcs in Windows)

http://vuokko.info/ei/darcs-win32/darcs-0.9.20-fixed.zip

The directory
http://vuokko.info/ei/darcs-win32/
contains versions I build (with my fixes, not neccesarily in
main darcs repo), which I hope to update every now and then
for those who have problems or just want the very bleeding
edge.

Please test the installer!  Even if you don't normally like
installers, this one should be fairly unobtrusive - if you want
it makes no registry entries or shortcuts.

Is there anyone who would like the GUI version of darcs in Windows?
(The same on as in Linux version.  Not a full-blown GUI but few
helper windows.)

Please send comments or suggestions!  (Or some to irc, #darcs at
freenode, to say hi :-)

Thank you,

--
Esa Ilari Vuokko