[darcs-users] Yet another feature request

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Tue May 18 10:58:25 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 09:13:46PM -0700, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:
> One of the features that I absolutely adore from arch is "arch make-log."
> Now, I'm not necessarily asking for a new "make-log" sub-command --
> typing in `vim foo.log' is plenty sufficient for my needs.
>
> But, what I would like is the ability to import with a long log message
> via a command line option.  For example:
>
> $ darcs record --all --look-for-adds --long-log foo.log --auto-clean-log
>
> where:
>   --long-log FFF   specifies the long log file FFF to use for the long
> log contents.
>
>   --auto-clean-log   automatically removes FFF if (1) --long-log is
> specified, and (2) the record operation was successful.

I've implemented a --logfile flag to record that is basically like your
--long-log, except that it also specifies the "patch name" in its first
line (although that may have been what you intended anyways).

It doesn't seem to me that the --auto-clean-log flag is really
necesary--you can achieve the same results with

darcs record --logfile foo --all && rm foo

Of course, you can't configure the above to be done automatically using
defaults...
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org