[darcs-users] even worse

Kevin Smith yarcs at qualitycode.com
Tue May 18 14:47:02 UTC 2004

David Roundy wrote:
> The problem was corruption caused by an old bug in darcs, which caused it
> to not check when you removed a directory, whether that directory was
> empty.

> This is an annoying bit of corruption, and the best thing I can think of is
> to edit the two files (you probably will need to ungzip them and then
> rename them to have the original .gz name, i.e.

Does 'darcs check' detect this problem? If not, it probably should if
there is any way for it to do so. That way, at least people could
quickly isolate the problem.

Also, would it be good standard practice for people to run 'darcs check'
on each repo whenever they upgrade to a newer version of darcs?

Kevin