[darcs-users] HTTP redirect, SSH push minor problems.

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at modeemi.cs.tut.fi
Wed May 19 20:10:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 06:17:16AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> I don't know much about this, I'm afraid--I don't know how http redirects
> work.  Darcs either uses libcurl or curl or wget to get files via http.  It
> would probably be most helpful to test using curl, and see what curl gives
> you when you use it on your redirected web address.  It definitely would be
> nice to have this work...

AFAIK redirection is indicated by the error code 302 and the 'Location'
field of the http response header set to the correct location.

If I simply 'telnet iki.fi http' and type 'GET /tuomov/ion-scripts/ HEAD/1.0',
I get a response as follows:

HTTP/1.0 302 Found

<HEAD><TITLE>Redirection</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY><H1>Query redirected to another address</H1>
This is only a redirection service, the document can be found <A HREF="http://modeemi.fi/~tuomov/ion-scripts/">here</A>.<P></BODY>

Running 'curl' on the command line only gives that HTML, but if I pass
-L to curl, it will follow the redirection.

--
Tuomo