[darcs-users] playing nice with others

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu May 20 11:28:56 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:31:23AM -0400, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> what's the best way to take patches from others if you don't want to run
> ssh and give everybody access?  I was hoping for WebDAV but according to
> a conversation with Dave earlier, this is not currently an option.  By
> the way, cadaver is a real neat tool for playing with WebDAV access.

It really depends on your development pattern.  Getting patches via email
is quite nice if you want to review every change anyways--that's what I do
with darcs.  It's easy for people to send patches if they have a working
mailer on their machine, and easy to apply patches straight from mutt (or
presumably any other mailer that is configurable).

Another possibility is having people set up an http-accessible repo and you
pull from them--a bit of a pain.

Finally, you can use the gpg-signed patches-sent-by-email approach if you
want other developers to have write access directly to the main
repository.  This isn't so hard to set up if you're comfortable with
procmail.  You could also set it up using a .forward file, but that seems
to be MTA-dependent--what works on exim doesn't work with postfix.
http://www.abridgegame.org