[darcs-users] Re: playing nice with others

Kevin Smith yarcs at qualitycode.com
Thu May 20 14:43:59 UTC 2004

Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> my preference would have been for him to work in his own repository
> (pulled from mine) then have him push it back and I get a notify message
> saying that something has changed.  then I could make the call as to
> whether to simply merge or examine first.

Another possible approach is for this other contributor to host his own
darcs repo somewhere, available on the public internet. You could then
"pull" patches from there into your own repo.

The notification could be manual--he sends you an email when he updates
his repo. Or he could *also* email you the changes via darcs. Or you
could set up some polling task to look for new stuff. It depends on how
automatic, quick, and certain the notifications need to be.

The nice thing about this is that other people would have access to his
work (in the form of a complete darcs repo) without requiring you to be
a gatekeeper.

Kevin