[darcs-users] Re: playing nice with others

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Fri May 21 13:34:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 09:54:51AM -0400, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> interesting problem.  It's difficult because of the criteria I've laid
> down of wanting to give developers access to the repository but not give
> them access to the repository machine.

One thing darcs probably can't do now (but rsync can) is using ssh and
public keys (one per developer) that can only update a darcs repository.
The trick here is that darcs can only run a single, pre-determined
command line on the remote machine.  Currenly, darcs uses multiple ssh
connections and scp for a push, so this would need to be combined into
one ssh connection and a protocol would need to be created for
transfering the required data.

Andrew