[darcs-users] Re: need to jump in with both feet

Eric Merritt cyberlync at yahoo.com
Fri May 21 15:43:07 UTC 2004

--- "Samuel A. Falvo II" <sam.falvo at falvotech.com>
wrote:
  [snip]

 I agree with you on all your points above.

> I refuse to use SourceForge ever again.

 What alternative is there? None that I have seen, you
can host your own (or buy hosting) but if you get even
a little popular bandwith costs can eat you alive.
Sourceforge thrives at the moment becuase there is no
competition.

>  And now
> that they have that
> donation payment system in place, well, I wonder how
> long it'll be
> before some amount of money appears missing because
> of some
> security-related breach on the part of SF's
> administration, and how many
> people will not be able to seek reparations because
> of it.

 The fac that they use paypal for the donation system
bothers me worse then any chance of them loosing
money.