[darcs-users] need to jump in with both feet

Rob Weir rweir at ertius.org
Sat May 22 07:37:46 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 11:39:21AM -0400, Eric S. Johansson said
> sourceforge CVS is screwed up once again.  This is what's pushing me
> into the world of darcs today.
>
> I will send updates describing what I do and what my experience is so
> that hopefully, he can improve documentation and the experience for
> others that follow me.
>
> Step 1, Haskell.  most of the RPMs are built for Red Hat 9 and I'm
> running on fedora 1 for the time being.  So I download the source RPM
> and will try a straight binary RPM creation first.  big mistake way.
> too many dependencies at this time.  Verify that I am running glibc2.3.
>  Now going to the binary RPM (thank God for DSL) although I am coming
> to appreciate gentoo more and more.
>

> step 2 darcs itself.  I was going to try the RPM route but I am not sure
> about how much or what pieces I need.  what the heck, just grab all of
> them.  If that fails, back to the tarball (ghod I miss gentoo)

<obdebiantroll>
or "apt-get install darcs darcs-server"
</obdebiantroll>

:-)

--
Rob Weir <rweir at ertius.org> | mlspam at ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:    Australia morse Montenegro number key Fidel Castro infowar