[darcs-users] Emacs / Vim / etc

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Mon May 24 13:55:40 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 11:02:28PM -0700, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:
> *pets his Python interpreter.*
>
> You don't know how happy it makes me feel to see block-based languages
> with indentation used to delineate blocks becoming more popular.

While we're already off topic, Haskell's layout syntax has two
advantages over Python's:  1. There is a non-layout alternative, for
when layout is inconvenient (program-generated code, code embedded in
another language) or may pass through a whitespace-lossy channel (email,
cut-n-paste).  2. No continuation lines ("\\\n"), which I find terribly
ugly.

Andrew