[darcs-users] Re: Emacs / Vim / etc

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Tue May 25 10:14:34 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 12:19:31PM -0400, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> Andrew Pimlott wrote:
>
> >On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 11:02:28PM -0700, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:
> >
> >>*pets his Python interpreter.*
> >>
> >>You don't know how happy it makes me feel to see block-based languages
> >>with indentation used to delineate blocks becoming more popular.
> >

> >While we're already off topic, Haskell's layout syntax has two
> >advantages over Python's:  1. There is a non-layout alternative, for
> >when layout is inconvenient (program-generated code, code embedded in
> >another language) or may pass through a whitespace-lossy channel (email,
> >cut-n-paste).  2. No continuation lines ("\\\n"), which I find terribly
> >ugly.
>
> ob-rant: yea, but can I write Haskell using speech recognition? says the
> speech recognition dependent HP programmer dragging things even further
> off topic...

I've wondered about this (back when my wrist was bad enough to keep me off
the computer at home--and cause trouble eating)... is there a language that
does support speech recognition? How does it work? At the time, I was
thinking about how I would implement such a thing in haskell--it seems like
an interesting challenge creating a translator from haskell to
"human-speakable haskell"... and of course back again.
http://www.abridgegame.org