[darcs-users] Re: Basic implementation of tla2darcs
ge at gabrielebner.at
Wed May 26 21:10:26 UTC 2004
Gabriel Ebner wrote:
> Thanks. Since i now have a converted repo thanks to your converter, I'll
> look into this.
I post here what I've figured out in case someone else needs it.
(I know the following is _really_ ugly and insane. If anybody bothers to
find a better way to accomplish this, I'm basically just trying to get the
tree [base-0 patch-1 patch-2 foo bar baz] out of [base-0 patch-1 patch-2]
and [import foo bar baz] where the result of [base-0 patch-1 patch-2] and
[import] is the same.)
Insane guide to retroactively substitute a single import with a converted
0) The darcs tree to which you already recorded patches is in darcs-tree/
1) Convert your arch tree to arch-tree/
2) darcs get darcs-tree/
You need a fresh tree, otherwise darcs send won't work.
3) cd darcs-tree/; darcs send -a -o tmp.bundle <path to arch-tree/>
4) Strip the 'Initial import' patch (the first one) from the beginning of
5) Append the contents of arch-tree/_darcs/inventory to tmp.bundle
6) cd arch-tree/; darcs apply <path to tmp.bundle>
7) Now you have a merged tree in arch-tree
P.S.: I found the attached patch very useful in case of typos in the
version name supplied to tla_import.pl. The patch just dies in case chdir
Gabriel Ebner - reverse "ta.renbeleirbag at eg"
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the darcs-users