[darcs-users] darcs won't build for OS X 10.3.3

Keith Dawson kadawson at mac.com
Thu May 27 00:25:07 UTC 2004

I downloaded darcs 0.9.20, GHC 6.2.1, and libcurl 7.11.1. The latter two
I built & installed. Sitting in the directory unpacked from the darcs
tarball, I say configure, then make. The result is:

  % 93 > make
  ghc  -cpp  -package unix -package parsec -O -funbox-strict-fields -Wall -DHAVE_CURSES -package util -fffi -c Workaround.hs
  In file included from /tmp/ghc14286.hc:7:
  /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.2.1/include/HsReadline.h:5:31: readline/readline.h: No such file or directory
  /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.2.1/include/HsReadline.h:6:30: readline/history.h: No such file or directory
  make: *** [Workaround.o] Error 1
  % 94 >

Saying "locate readline.h" to a command line produces nothing.

I have Googled for this error message and found hundreds of instances
of it, but only a few pertaining to Haskell and none to darcs, and
no pointers that proved helpful.

Any and all clues gratefully appreciated.