[darcs-users] "darcs dist" on windows

Daan Leijen daan at cs.uu.nl
Mon Nov 1 11:03:44 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I just started using darcs on a windows system. However,
when I try to do "darcs dist" it fails with:

~/dev/morrowF$ darcs dist -v
tar: Cannot execute remote shell: No such file or directory
tar: c\:/daan/dev/morrowF/darcs-19466: Cannot open: I/O erro
Created dist as morrowF.tar.gz

Anyone knows what I should do about this?  Maybe darcs could
use "zip" instead of "tar" and "gzip" ?

All the best,
  Daan.

ps. There is also a kind of bug with darcs and the current
directory. When I added files recursively with darcs, it
started complaining about "duplicate files" where it took
files with the name "./bla" as equal to "bla" . Here is an
example:

 A file or directory named compiler/Kind/./Operations.hs is already in
the repository!
 Note that to ensure portability we don't allow files that differonly in
case.

Of course, there were hundreds of messages like this, so it is rather
frightening to see it happening :-)  Moreover, I haven't discovered yet
how I can see which files are in the repository (ie. are recorded)?
So, I don't really know if my "add" has succeeded or not.