[darcs-users] Patch hash calculation

Kannan Goundan cakoose at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 22:44:29 UTC 2004

I tried renaming a patch by going into the _darcs directory and
editing the "inventory" file and the patch file.  Now, "darcs repair"
tells me that it couldn't read my patches.  I'm guessing that this is
because the checksum doesn't match.

Looking at the sources it looks like SHA1 is being used.  I tried
giving the "sha1sum" utility various subsets of the patch text but
couldn't match it up with Darcs's checksum.  Does anybody know how to
calculate the checksum for a patch text?

If there's another way to rename patches (without modifying the
timestamp), then that would work too.