[darcs-users] Limits of Darcs (the whole Linux kernel?)

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Nov 5 08:16:06 UTC 2004

I always test revision control systems with the whole Linux kernel
because it is a good test: if something survives the Linux kernel, it
can stands anything.

Darcs fails:

myriam:~/tmp/repository % time darcs record --all
What is the patch name? All Linux
Do you want to add a long comment? [yn] n
zsh: killed     darcs record --all
darcs record --all  731.93s user 58.05s system 25% cpu 52:00.48 total
myriam:~/tmp/repository %

And then the repository is locked, "darcs pull" keeps saying "Waiting
for lock /home/bortzmeyer/tmp/repository/_darcs/lock". Obviously,
Darcs crashed badly. What can I do?

On the same machine and the same Darcs, I can record and pull the
whole Python distribution (3133 files, 45 Mbytes).

Machine: UltraSparc 10
Operating system: Debian "sarge"/testing
Kernel: Linux 2.6.8
Darcs: 1.0.0rc3 (Debian package)
User: Completely ignorant in Haskell