[darcs-users] Re: Limits of Darcs (the whole Linux kernel?)

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Sat Nov 6 13:37:55 UTC 2004

>>>>> "David" == David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:

David> Darcs needs to be able to hold parsed patches in memory,
David> basically for efficiency reasons.

I understand that with the current implementation this is the
case. What I propose is to start up with no preconceived ideas of what
will work of what won't and see whether we can find another solution
to this problem.

Would you be able to explain in a few lines what needs to be held in
memory exactly? The patches content or the patches description (what
file gets modified and in which way)? Why is it used for and at what
stage?

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam