[darcs-users] Int'l characters in file names

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Nov 7 12:30:02 UTC 2004


On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 07:09:13AM +0100, Alexander Staubo wrote:
> I tried adding a file called "tést.xml". Darcs adds it just fine:
> 
> $ darcs add t\351st.xml
> 
> But subsequent commands fail:
> 
> $ darcs what
> 
> Fail: Bad UTF8!

Argh.  :( Filenames are supposed to be converted to UTF8 format before
being stored, and your filename wasn't.  Alas, non-ascii characters don't
get as much testing as ascii characters.

I've now fixed this bug, and I think I'll let the fix into 1.0.0, since
it's well-isolated.  It was a one-liner.
-- 
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net




More information about the darcs-users mailing list