[darcs-users] Re: Int'l characters in file names

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sun Nov 7 14:49:31 UTC 2004

On 2004-11-07, David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 07:09:13AM +0100, Alexander Staubo wrote:
>> I tried adding a file called "tést.xml". Darcs adds it just fine:
>> $ darcs add t\351st.xml
>> But subsequent commands fail:
>> $ darcs what
>> Fail: Bad UTF8!
> Argh.  :( Filenames are supposed to be converted to UTF8 format before
> being stored, and your filename wasn't.  Alas, non-ascii characters don't
> get as much testing as ascii characters.
> I've now fixed this bug, and I think I'll let the fix into 1.0.0, since
> it's well-isolated.  It was a one-liner.

I helped to prevent this issue from re-appearing by adding a test for
'add' that triggers. I've submitted it to the the 'unstable' repo now,
because it needs a bit of polishing.  



More information about the darcs-users mailing list