[darcs-users] Re: Executing a program when applying patches

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Nov 8 03:24:25 UTC 2004

> Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>
>> * the test file is executed with "darcs record" (OK), "darcs apply"
>> (OK again) but not with "darcs push". Why? If I want to be sure noone
>> pushes invalid files in the repository, should I ban te use of push
>> and use only apply?

The 'push' case could use further clarifying in the documentation.
Recently, this hint was added:

"When there are conflicts, the behavior of push is determined by the default flags to apply in the target repository. "

When you push, /apply/ is  still being called, but in the target
repo. The default settings for  that 'apply' are in effect.

	Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/