[darcs-users] Re: idea: darcs-cvs-sync

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Nov 8 16:42:30 UTC 2004

On 2004-11-08, Lele Gaifax <lele at nautilus.homeip.net> wrote:

>    Mark> If you are wondering-- I'm not volunteering to start working
>    Mark> on this right now! I like the idea and thought it would
>    Mark> useful to sketch out.  Someone else is welcome to take the
>    Mark> idea and run with it until I get around to it (if I do. :)
>
> This is basically what my tailor[1] script should already be able to
> do, minus bugs[2] :-)

Great! Would you be wiling to update the docs to make it more clean.

I actually had read about this on the wiki, and I still didn't realize
it would do this. I think these simple additions would do a lot:

- How do I update my darcs tree from a CVS server?

- How do I commit my darcs changes to an upstream CVS server?

I think with clearer docs, you will get more users. Some of these users
will hack the code, adding features and bug fixes, and making less work
for you. :)

Also, I suggest updating your darcs prefs for the repo so that 'darcs
send' works without prompting me for what e-mail address to send to.

	Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .