[darcs-users] Re: announcing darcs 1.0.0

Catalin Marinas catalin.marinas at arm.com
Mon Nov 8 17:44:30 UTC 2004

David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:
> I'm pleased to announce the release of darcs version 1.0.0.  The chances
> since 1.0.0rc4 consist of a few documentation fixes, a compile error when
> configured with --enable-antimemoize, and a fix for a bug which showed up
> only when working with international characters.

Congratulations!

> In addition, I'd like to announce the availabilty of a darcs mirror of the
> linux kernel repository, which is available at
>
> http://darcs.net/linux.html

I tried "darcs get" on it and worked fine but "darcs check" fails with
the error below:

Error! Duplicate patch name:
Sun Sep 12 08:19:43 BST 2004  torvalds
  tagged 4143c04fFgePcO9KmuxpHSClP4PzqQ

I only tried this command after a "darcs optimize --uncompress" failed
with:

Fail: 20040814155409-69652-de0c031d77cd37f218eda0015951175009abb7ba.gz: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)

Any idea how to recover from this? I haven't done any records, just
the commands above.

Thanks,

Catalin