[darcs-users] Re: Executing a program when applying patches

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Nov 9 01:39:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 03:24:25AM +0000,
 Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> wrote
 a message of 19 lines which said:

> When you push, /apply/ is still being called, but in the target
> repo. The default settings for that 'apply' are in effect.

OK, thanks for the information. I should have tested (I had just read
the man page, which shows a test option for apply but not for
push). Apparently, by default, apply does not run the test (and
therefore push does not either). By default, record does run the test.

This is not what I want. I would like to enforce some policies, so I
would like to make the running of the test mandatory.

PS: more fun: there is no '--test' option for push, while there is one
for apply.