[darcs-users] Re: announcing darcs 1.0.0

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Tue Nov 9 12:17:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 05:44:30PM +0000, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> I tried "darcs get" on it and worked fine but "darcs check" fails with
> the error below:
>
> Error! Duplicate patch name:
> Sun Sep 12 08:19:43 BST 2004  torvalds
>   tagged 4143c04fFgePcO9KmuxpHSClP4PzqQ

Argh.  Thanks for pointing this out!  There an error in the conversion
script that recorded the same tag twice.  :( I believe I've fixed it now.
A darcs check is still running, though (and it's not even a --complete
check).

> I only tried this command after a "darcs optimize --uncompress" failed
> with:
>
> Fail: 20040814155409-69652-de0c031d77cd37f218eda0015951175009abb7ba.gz: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
>
> Any idea how to recover from this? I haven't done any records, just
> the commands above.

Alas, this is a separate error, which is that optimize --uncompress doesn't
support --partial repositories.  :( It's not a hard change to make... it's
just that few people --uncompress their repos, and few people have
--partial repos, so it probably has never before been tried.  So for now
you'll just have to be satisfied with having your new patches be
uncompressed (by changing the default in pull).  Of course, you could also
write a shell script to uncompress all the files in _darcs/patches, and
then add the ".gz" back on the end.

(Obviously this will be fixed whenever 1.0.1 is released, or in the
"latest" darcs, once the unit tests are passed, which might be a while,
since I just ran a make clean...)
http://www.darcs.net