[darcs-users] Re: tracking the future of darcs

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed Nov 10 12:33:59 UTC 2004

On 2004-11-10, Jean Jordaan <jean at upfrontsystems.co.za> wrote:
>> Unless you really want to /work/ on the tickets, having an account won't
>> help you much.
>
> I beg to differ. It's good for the developers if they know *who*
> submitted something, to ask for clarification etc, and it's good
> for the submitter to subscribe to the issue, to keep track of work
> done on it. I've monitored issues at bugs.gentoo.org and
> bugzilla.mozilla.org where I sorely appreciated a resolution notice
> after a couple of months of silence.

This all already works without a developer account. If you e-mail a bug
to to bugs at darcs.net, it will be tracked by your e-mail address. If you
submit several bugs like this from the same e-mail address, they will
show up as related in the system.

When a developer replies to the ticket, you will get e-mail. When the
ticket is resolved, you will get e-mail.

I think all those also works by setting the 'requestor' field to your
e-mail address in the web forms.

	Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/