[darcs-users] Http Proxy

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 08:08:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 02:26:07PM +1100, Thomas L. Bevan wrote:
> How do you use DARCS with a password protected HTTP-proxy server?

Curl seems to have a option for this - CURLOPT_PROXYUSERPWD, settable
with curl_easy_setopt(3). AFAICS, it can't be set as an environment
variable, so you would have to extend darcs.

The other solution is to set up another middle proxy, that would connect
to the first with user/password, but would let you in without password.

                            user/pass
    darcs   ---> new proxy   ---->     old proxy
               (knows user/pass)    (requires user/pass)

Unfortunately, I don't know which proxy implementation is able to do
that, but I think that Squid is a good guess.

Best regards,
Tomasz

--
.signature: Too many levels of symbolic links