[darcs-users] resolve , manualy applying patch

Jani Monoses jani at iv.ro
Thu Nov 11 13:16:58 UTC 2004

Hello

[snip of what I'd written before going through the archives and finding out what resolve
is actually supposed to do]

Also resolve prompts:
"This could trash your data.  Are you sure?  [yn]"
I said yes to that :)
It would be more helpful if it prompted what the commands' help message says:
Note that this trashes any unrecorded changes in the working directory.
Not just could :)

Luckily, I had a previous darcs whatsnew output captured so I'll try applying that.
Is there a way of applying such a file to the working dir without recording it?
Just use apply followed by unrecord?Or copy it to patches/unrevert and do an unrevert?
Is there an equivalent of the patch command for the darcs patch format?

thanks
Jani